Pages

Thursday 30 September 2010

2010 Sewing Challenge - September

I'm so happy to report that I actually completed this month's sewing challenge for the 2010 Sewing Challenge
In fact, dare I boast, I finished 2 bags, both projects that were bought at the Sydney Craft and Quilt show in August. Here is my "Spice of Life" bag by Monica Poole.

I didn't want to buy any more fabric, so this is made with fabrics I already had in the stash. I didn't quite have enough of the polka dot, however not to worry - homespun did the trick again. How can you go wrong with so many colours to choose from? 
A while ago I bought a variety of colours and lengths of 'make your own zipper' with matching coloured zipper pulls (for my wallet making craze - oh dear), so I didn't even have to buy one, just work out how to use it!


The thing I love the most is the tubular frame. I feel like Mary Poppins with her carpet bag. It makes a very satisfying 'snap' as it shuts. This bag is a great size and it's going to get well used this summer.


I've already boasted blogged about the mug bag here.


thanks for taking a peek over the fence...

5 comments:

  1. What an accomplishment! This looks so professional and I love the fabrics. Have lots of fun using it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that looks so fantastic, I agree with "very professional". Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Quilary.... and you'll love Mary Poppins when it comes to town too!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely gorgeous bag. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails