Pages

Tuesday 28 December 2010

Happy Christmas 2010

I hope you all had a very HAPPY CHRISTMAS
The reason for the season.
Our Christmas tree on Dec 24, long before Santa arrived
The older children also hadn't put their presents under the tree and by the morning there wasn't much floor space left!

Our Christmas goes over 2 days - Christmas Day this year was with my family and Boxing Day was with the MATH's family. Lots of good food and wine, wonderful company, loud, noisy chatter and playing by, and with, the children. The ginger beer, made by the Comical Gingerbeer ( MATH is a Chemical Engineer) was a big hit - apparently Chem Eng is the best degree to have if you you want to be able to make great alcoholic ginger beer (who'd a thunk!)
I had a great Birthday with some lovely presents.
These are a few of the quilting and sewing related ones I will have fun playing with and reading...
My family and friends kind of know me well don't they?
I was given this wonderful photo book, filled with pictures of quilts and other things I've made over the years. It would have to be the best present EVER! It's a photo book made by Marisew - my partner in all things quilting! Thank you dear friend - I love it...
This comes a close second to the photo book...really...
Currently I've made lots of squares and half-square triangles - all in the name of testing. I am pretty impressed  - it's so quick and accurate. I'll have to stop cutting and start sewing pretty soon or I'll have a new 'stash' to confront! Though those lovely books all can help use them up!!!

...I have just given in to the weather and put on a jumper.
It is so cold today - after 2 days of very hot sunny and "sweaty" temperatures, it does feel a bit like winter has returned. I think it is just so we get to experience a bit of the 'wintery' Christmas atmosphere to our hot Australian Christmas.

Something exciting for me is in the pipeline for January...I'll keep you posted (lol - a little blogging joke there!)

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year and plenty of quilting, crafting and sewing in 2011

thanks for taking a peek over the fence...

1 comment:

  1. You lucky and loved girl, you! Great Christmas gifts... I especially love that thoughtful gift made by Marisew, a photobook of your creations is a treasure in itself! Can't wait to see what you make with your new Accuquilt Go! Next year's photobook pictures I'm sure!!!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails