Pages

Monday 28 March 2011

SIT 2011 - A Day of....

...meeting up with fellow bloggers. It's lovely to put faces to names and blogs. Look at lovely mini shops. Buy stuff. Talk about what's being made right there in front of me...see some fine stitching, applique...There was the constant background noise of happy chatter and laughter. Someone commented that my sewing machine was so quiet...but I think in truth it was drowned out by the sounds of FRIENDSHIP AND HAPPINESS!
...receiving goodies...(I'm going to put in as many links as I can, to let you go & have a look at some of the sponsors, who contributed to the excitement going around)...bag from Innergreen...
Out of this bag came an assortment of patterns from Clares PlaceThe Red Thread, Chasing Cottons, Jodie   - and one made especially for the day: Honey Bunny from Clares Craftroom,
Fun stuff - a key fob kit from Earth Girl and a badge from Handmade Canberra...
loads of wonderful fabrics: fat quarters, width of fabric pieces and some sweet samples from Hawthorne Threads and Saffron Craig who I had the pleasure of meeting again on the day.
...swapping: I swappped these
for these...
Thank you Michelle, Dolores, Kayscha,(who added some other goodies and chocolate that has already disappeared), Sarah, and my poor overworked brain can't remember who made the crochet roll that I am so grateful for (no more zip lock bags for these little babies!) Edit: Fiona of bee-abi made the crochet hook roll... If you know, please let me know, so I can stop dying of embarrassment and acknowledge the clever crafter...

...winning: more goodies from fabulous sponsors...Retromummy and Material Obsession . I finally got to meet Kath, who is a mutual friend of a very dear friend of mine. Somehow with the busy-ness of life I've never made it to Material Obsession, but now they've moved closer to where I live (they've WHAT? say the MaTH) and time and distance is less of a barrier...yippee!
...accomplishment: these fabrics went from a pile of strips...
 to an almost finished quilt top...
There was also a night of laughter, food and wine...

...I can't work out why there is only water at this end of the table!!!
A huge thank you to Sheridan, the amazing organiser of a 3 day long, sewing/knitting/crochet/quilting, fabric buying and classes, extravaganza.
Roll on SIT 2012!

thanks for taking a peek over the fence...

4 comments:

  1. WOW What a day you had!!!! Just looking at all the goodies in your bag would have been sew exciting but to meet up with so many like-minded people AND to almost finish a quilt!!!!!!! WELL DONE QUILARY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky girl! so much fun and so many goodies.
    wow, did you stare at them for ages!! i do that when I absolutely LOVE something (oops...is that bad ;))
    happy week to you & enjoy creating ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. sounds like lots of fun and excitement (and a little sewing?!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sew it Together looks like it was lots of fun! I am amazed that you were able to do so much sewing with so much going on! I love the fabrics you have chosen for 'Bubbles and Ruffles'!

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails