Pages

Sunday 21 August 2011

Swappy Heaven...

You little bewdy (oops my Strine is showing)...the weekend is here and I can enjoy looking at what arrived in the mailbox yesterday afternoon. Can you believe it; 2 surprises in one day!
Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap #4

I knew what they were straight away, but as soon as I got home from work on Friday afternoon, I was out the door again to go to dinner. I forced myself to leave them alone till I could really take the time to open them and appreciate what was inside.
Sunshine in the Mail/Snail Mail Swap




This morning I've been able to enjoy a leisurely look through these lovely parcels.





This is the contents of the envelope from the Snail Mail Swap that was organised by Seaweed & Raine
Sabrina has put together an amazing little package that has really brought some sunshine into the house.
There is a lovely letter, some fabulous notepaper from vintage wallpaper, a postcard, gorgeous envelopes and a handmade card
This is the cutest part, made by her 3yr old sister...
...just shows that you are never too young to create a little masterpiece.
It's put a huge smile on my face, and really takes me back to the enjoyment of spending precious craft time with my own "littles"!
Also, Sabrina has a great project going on over on her blog, so head on over there and check out her homage to all things post-y and mail-y.
Thanks Sabrina for sending so much lovely sunshine goodness in the mail!

***************************************
The Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap #4
The theme of this was BLOOM.
Post card front
This beautiful hand painted - gorgeous watercolors - and stitched card looks so at home in my lemon tree!
Postcard back
The back is as beautifully made as the front!
Here's the postcard pretending to be the biggest rose on the rosebush! It's not staying out there, it's going on the wall where I sew, so that I'll have a bit of blooming sunshine inside to make this cold old winter go away!

Thanks so much to Jenna . Please go and have a look at her blog - I got lost travelling around looking at all the fantastic postcards that she's made to send out and those that she's received from others.

thanks for taking a peek over the fence...

2 comments:

  1. You certainly received some very nice things in the mail. I think the picture by the 3 year old is too special. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hilary!
    I'm glad you like your postcard, and thanks for posting about it! I had fun making something 'out of my comfort zone', I can't wait to do the next one!

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails