Pages

Saturday 3 September 2011

Fabric Hoarding

10 Good Reasons To Buy Fabric
(found in the lateset On Line Quilt Magazine - which by the way is great free magazine by some Aussie quilters!)

1. It insulates the cupboard where it is kept.
2. It keeps the "economy" moving, it is my duty to support cotton farmers, textile mills and fabric shops.
3. It is less expensive and more fun than psychiatric care.
4. It's a contest - the one who dies with the most fabric wins.
5. It keeps without refrigeration, you don't have to cook it to enjoy it, you'll never have to feed it, change it, wipe it's nose or walk it.
6. Like dust, it's good for "protecting" previously empty spaces in the house, like the ironing board, laundry basket, the dining room table etc.
7. It's not immoral, illegal or fattening. It calms the nerves, gratifies the soul and makes me feel good.
8. Because it's on "SALE."
9. Because I'm worth it.
10. And buy it now, before your husband retires and goes with you on all your shopping expeditions!

Which brings me to my problem...a serious fabric buying problem...
it's probably not a psychological problem...yet...but I think I am going rather overboard...

It's not that I don't have enough to last me a lifetime already (and it's not like I can sew 24/7 either). I've even got some beautiful winnings to deal with. Some I've packaged...like this...(the vintage sheets are paired with some perfect solids), to be made, one day, sometime in the future, at a later date, into a sofa throw.

The latest...er...saga...revolves around the travel wallet I made. I realised that I'll need to make myself one for the 25th Wedding Anniversary trip. Cue a virtual shopping trip...
So I need this black and white travel fabric...
Oh but then it might not be colourful enough...
These were a really, really good price...
and of course Christmas is coming ...
and I'll need a pattern to go with that...
and I've found the perfect print to go with the Bella Solids "Rust" that I won from here
and something quirky and eyecatching that says "leave me at your own perilyou will want me when I'm gone!"
I have a partner in crime too.
Marisew and I have been buying to share the postage....
When the parcels arrive at her place "she bought them on her account for me".
When the parcels arrive at my place "I bought them on my account for her".

This is the third lot of orders that arrived in August. I'm hoping this confession will either stop me because of public embarrassment...or better still...
unearth someone else's even more atrocious buying habits that will make me feel good about my restraint!

Oh...and one other little tip: don't haul your fabric out to photograph when the MaTh is likely to walk past!!! oopsies

thanks for taking a peek over the fence...

4 comments:

  1. Love all the fabric combinations. So I gather you are going OS in the next few years????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you don't need ten reasons to buy fabric..just one will do...because I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame shame shame......lol....love the fabbie combo and you only live once so enjoy your obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your reasons....and your fabrics are just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails