Pages

Sunday 2 October 2011

Daylight Saving...Blogtoberfest Day 2

The first day of daylight saving.
At 9am the temperature was 13°C
Now the temperature is 14°C
It's pretty much rained on and off all day.
Some sunshine, mostly cloudy.
And cool, a shut-the-door-and-put-the-heater-on kind of cool.

Not that I'm complaining.
A nice wishy washy day that means a nice slow day - no one in the house really wants to do anything too strenuous...

even my sewing machine...
Urgh - pulling out the manual (well I never can remember which way to turn the dial!), rethreading, dusting the innards, changing the needle...
...and unpicking....urgh...with a capital U!

As a distraction, I went visiting some blogs with "quilt" in their title...so if you got a visit don't be worried about a weird stalker...it's just me.

Maybe tomorrow I'll pick another random word
and visit some of you fellow Blogtober-ers.

Anyone can drop in and say hi to them too. You'll find them here at Cathy's blog


thanks for taking a peek over the fence...
 

7 comments:

  1. arrggghhh. Tension problems are a pain. I, too, need to get out the manual when I need to adjust my tension, and think really hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the visit. I like how you decide who to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your machine was happy to be having a spring clean even though it feels like winter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. I too have been checking out blogs in Blogtoberfest. There is so much to explore!

    Today I am chuckling because I really dont know, is 13 degree C or 14 degree C a good thing or a bad thing?

    PS. Love your blog - its so full of color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We definately seem to be sharing weather. Been grey and grim and drizzle all day. Perfect for waffling.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Hilary! Thanks for commenting on my blog :) Oh I hear ya about tension! It stresses me out! Lol. From your newest follower, Angela (Sew La Ti Embroidery)
    PS. nice blog background! :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was even more random with my visiting, but decided I would love to have 'a peek over the fence.'

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails