Pages

Thursday 5 January 2012

Reading...sewing...

The best thing about holiday: loads of sewing time...
The second best thing about holidays: loads of reading time...
Put them together...we're heading into Nirvana...

Our 6 children gave the Math and me a Kindle each for Christmas...I knew there was a reason we had so many...

...so I did a bit of sewing....
Some recycled denim and a hunt in the scrap bin...
The Math wanted his to sit to one side with a velcro closure...
(this was the prototype and is a little short to wrap around well)
 I wanted to have mine in the middle and a button close...
The finished items
(Warning: DO NOT look too closely at the fmq on mine...not a pretty sight!)
 I really like these and they cost me nothing just a few hours of time (lovingly spent!)

My friends and family know me pretty well...
a selection of reading material I received for Christmas and birthday...
If you can't find me for a while, you'll know why!


thanks for taking a peek over the fence...

post # 296

2 comments:

  1. What a cool idea. I brought myself an e-reader about 6 months ago and just brought a cover at the shop. Nothing as nice as yours. I hadn't thought about making one of my own. Love the fabric with the books on it ... so appropriate. Perfect for the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! I've got 2 books on the go (not to mention the stack of books from the library kindly waiting to teach me more about drawing, painting and embroidery :)
    How come nobody gave me a pile of craft books for Christmas? (pout)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Nice of you to take a peek over the fence. It's lovely to meet you. Do come in, have a cuppa and a chat. I will talk back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails